All the Great Places to Eat
In & Around Bayfield, Ontario
Click on the links below to choose from the fine dining experiences available in Bayfield and Bluewater. Click on their name to be taken to their website for additional information like opening hours and menus. To check them out on TripAdvisor, click here.
1 Main St. Bayfield N0M 1G0
Homemade burgers, chicken wings and fish and chips are among their most popular orders. The large menu has something for everyone; plenty of appetizers, pub grub and sandwiches, poutine and mac & cheese too.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Claudine D “Atmosphere and yummy fare We stopped into the Albion Hotel for snacks to sustain us until dinner, so we didn’t have a full meal. The Quesadilla starter was delicious – add the guacamole to the side for the extra 2.50, it is worth it. 🙂 The service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our time in the dining room.”
77697 Orchard Line. Bayfield, ON N0M 1G0
On this farm you will find their home-style café where you can experience true farm to table produce/products while enjoying breakfast, lunch, buffets, brunches and desserts or frozen treats.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by souldreamers “Great Breakfast, Great Products, Great Staff. We enjoyed a delicious Breakfast and came home with lots of Jam and Cider. They have Home grown preserves including Saskatoon Berries! Lots of great choices and free tasting helps to make decisions! Sweet waitress! Very good breakfast! Include this place on your stop to Bayfield!”
14 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
The Bayfield Brewing Co. micro brewery is conveniently connected to its brewpub, The Bayfield Public House, on the main street of Bayfield. Be sure to enjoy a delicious beer (brewed next door) as you choose from the many items on their menu. One patron described their Cabinet Maker Canadian Pale Ale as “A beer that all beer drinkers will love”! Enjoy open kitchen style dining where you can watch gourmet dishes being prepared and served up, including some great specials. ‘Drop your anchor and enjoy a brew!’
- From their Facebook page: “Seriously awesome experience!! From the cozy atmosphere to the delicious food (with generous portions!) to the friendly staff, would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone stopping by the Bayfield area. Can’t wait to come back and dine there again!” (Danielle)
5 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
A Canadian establishment featuring local foods prepared with simplicity and style. More than 20 draught beers on tap, and a great selection of bottled beers, an award-winning wine list and an impressive collection of single malt whisky, bourbon and Irish whiskey.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Colin G: “Top notch experience! I planned a surprise party for my wife and 16 other people in September, the Blackdog staff was amazing through the planning process and the execution on the day of. Our server knew everything about the food, craft beers and wines the offered. He kept us entertained and on time and the food was delish. I can’t thank them enough, you must eat here when in Bayfield!”
8 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
Fresh Lake Huron fish and chips, tacos, ice cream, frozen yogurt and fresh cut fries. Located in the heart of the village. Just step right up to the window to place your order!
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by sc0use14 “Lunch Good food at great prices, a nice place for a meal if the weather is warm as they only have outside seating. We have dined here numerous times for lunch and so far never a disappointment. A good menu with lots to choose from and always a large portion.”
76559 Bluewater Hwy, Bayfield N0M 1G0 am
Diners are able to experience first-hand Huron County’s fresh meats and seasonally fresh produce. This comfortable restaurant is owned by Chef Colin Corriveau. He has created a menu with a wide selection of appetizers, salads and entrees that will satisfy all tastes and appetites.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by TravellingAgain1 “Great food They had a lot of choice on the menu from fish & chips to burgers to Thai food. Despite it being crazy busy, the food still arrived within 30-35 minutes and was hot. Tasted great, price was good. I would go back.”
9 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
The regular & bar menus offer many exciting choices like California or spicy tuna rolls, Miso soup, Caprese salad, ‘Japadog’, lobster roll or butter chicken poutine. But every Thursday night they shake things up with an international menu, such as Mexican, Italian or Carribean.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Luke K “Outstanding. As a Bayfield local and a lover of sushi I have no idea why it’s taken me so long to try Drift. Had three types of rolls and one tempura, all of them were by far the best I’ve ever had. I got takeout, but would for sure sit down at the restaurant in the future. Highly recommend to anyone on a visit to Bayfield.”
72981 Bluewater Highway, Zurich N0M 2T0 (between Bayfield & Grand Bend) Reservations required • Please call 519.236.7707
Gourmet European and local fare at its finest. Chef Frank Ihrig obtained his chef’s papers in Frankfurt, Germany then after extensive travelling he returned to the Hessenland farm as the second-generation owner and head chef.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by foodreviewca “RETREAT – What an amazing venue for any retreat. Love the food love the service love the location. Everyone at the end was extremely attentive. Quality of food at this venue was excellent. And the amenities including the Wi-Fi or perfect for any retreat……”
38110 Zurich Hensall Rd S, Zurich N0M 2T0
This country market offers lunch options for those needing a ‘grab-and-go’ meal. Choose from many types of salads, cold cuts, and sandwiches. Hot soup and chili is available for lunch Monday through Thursday and a hot lunch menu on Fridays. Their freezers and baking shelves offer a variety of food options to take home and enjoy.
- Review posted on TripAdvisr by lukek2015“Best Friday lunch spot in Huron County. They sell amazing lunches every day, sandwiches and salads as well as tons of stuff to bring home for dinner. Fridays they sell a hot lunch with your choice of meat and sides. Everything is very reasonably priced and is delicious, especially the beans. A must stop lunch spot if you’re in the area.”
21 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
An excellent choice for casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere. A contemporary menu focusing on fresh local fare, they offer something for everyone’s palate with a mixture of traditional dishes and also more innovative seasonal fare. Try the dining room or one of the cozy bar areas.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by C C “Love the Lakehouse:) Stopped in for dinner on the outdoor patio. Enjoyed Steak nacho platter and my guest enjoyed the Bacon burger. Food was outstanding in quality, the quantity was more than I could finish, staff was exceptional. Live entertainment was starting as we were leaving. Worth stopping here.”
26 Main St. N. Bayfield N0M 1G0
The Willow Room at The Little Inn offers menus by Executive Chef Dan Stubbs, featuring locally sourced Huron County produce & proteins. Public is welcome; reservations are appreciated.For reservations, call 519 565 2611. Or visit the Four in Hand Taproom, that has an extensive selection of beers, wine, specialty cocktails and a casual menu.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by _cfata “Quaint Little Spot Quaint restaurant in a quaint town. Great for fine dining or casual. Mushroom Risotto was one of the best I have had.”
2 The Square, Bayfield N0M 1G0
The Square, Bayfield N0M 1G0
The place to go for fish & chips as this is what they specialize in. Not just for dining, but also retail and wholesale. The smoked fish is a much-desired item on their menu. For their most up-to-date information, check out their Facebook page here.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Lucia H “Great food Love their fish and chips, my favourite is perch, smoked fish is fantastic and the Pickerel Cheek chowder is to die for. Also sell fresh fish and seafood. Love this place.”
34023 Mill Road, Bayfield N0M 1G0
This is a family-style restaurant offering up breakfast foods like stacks of pancakes or a wide selection of eggs benedict, as well as sandwiches, burgers and a variety of pizzas. Eat-in or take-out.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Jan W “Great visit :)) We ate here twice, for brunch, over the last weekend when we were visiting the Bayfield area. I had never had a “Monte Crisco” sandwich before (had to ask what it was lol!). I had them “hold” any syrup and it was GREAT! It was nice to have “larger than average” breakfast/brunches without going away feeling poorly. The food was nicely cooked & presented and our server – while crazy overworked! – was great.”
133 King St. Hensall N0M 1X0
A small family run restaurant that loves making good food. A wide variety of options on the menu including appetizers, breakfast, wraps, quesadillas, burgers, sandwiches, and main dishes made with love.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Gigi A “Great place! Awesome place to eat! Run buy a sweet family. Food is reasonably priced, great portion size!! Definitely coming back”
25 Main St. Bayfield N0M 1G0
Specializing in ice cream, frozen yogurt and other frozen treats. Exactly what you need while visiting during the hot summer months.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by trainfan2000 “Great Variety of Ice Cream This is a great place for ice cream and frozen yogurt. The choice of flavours is very large – there really is something that will appeal to everyone. There is a choice of cones or cups and you add your choice of several toppings to the ice cream. The portions are generous and the price is quite reasonable. Service is fats and friendly. You have to wait in line a bit on a hot summer, but it is well worth it.”
2 Main St. S. Unit #4 Bayfield N0M 1G0
19 Main Street N. Bayfield, N0M 1G0
This café-bistro has breakfast, lunch and dessert menus. Be sure to visit often as their menus change as new seasonal ingredients become available.
- Review posted on TripAdvisor by Dean F “Delicious Yellow Perch Meal Got the yellow perch special for dinner. The perch was delicious, lightly breaded and ample serving to fill me up. French fries are very good also with malt vinegar. Meal was 20 with taxes in.”
34777 Bayfield River Road, Bayfield N0M 1G0
Relax and enjoy local Ontario craft beer, wine and your favourite dishes inside or out on their sunny patio. Call 519 565 4089 for time and more information
|Shopbike Coffee Roasters|
11 Main St N, Bayfield N0M 1G0
At Shopbike, they understand that sometimes you just want a fresh cup of coffee, not a latte that’s harder to describe than it is to make.
So they just make great coffee! They lovingly roast and grind their coffee in small batches. This practice, combined with buying only the freshest beans, means they go from shipped bean to cup in under 48 hours … in the coffee world, that’s a sprint! And their adherence to Fair Trade standards means their coffee redefines your morning pick-me-up!
Down to the Bean
17 Goshen St N, Zurich N0M 2T0
Welcome to Down to the Bean, a family-owned coffee shop in the heart of Zurich, Ontario. Join us from Monday to Saturday in a place where you can greet old friends and make new ones. We have variety of specialty coffee beverages as well as several Iced drinks. Baked goods are also available or as we like to call them “ nibblies.” We look forward to getting to know you!